About the job
About the team
The overall responsibility of the Developer Relations team is
👉to help the MeiliSearch project to get as much visibility as possible on any relevant media
👉to help craft a welcoming open-source community that encourages developer success
👉to make sure all feedback from our community is accurately communicated to and addressed by the other teams
The team works very closely with the Technical Writing team regarding content creation and technical documentation.
What you’ll be doing
As a Technical Community Manager, you will design the journey of our community members and engage with them through routine or one-off activities. Your role will include:
👉Strengthening and scaling MeiliSearch tech community through education, moderation, and various community initiatives,
👉Owning our overall community vision and designing a meaningful journey for our community members,
👉Interacting with our community members wherever they are (Slack, GitHub, social media, Stack Overflow, Reddit...),
👉Driving and coordinating community feedback to support the relevance of the product roadmap,
👉Identifying areas of optimization, setting community best practices, and communicating these across MeiliSearch teams,
👉Pointing the Developer Relations team towards interesting community initiatives,
👉Owning our social media accounts, building our presence, setting goals aligned with our target audience, and running our strategy,
👉Owning our newsletter, building its audience, and editing its content,
👉Monitoring progress & health of the community.
As a MeiliSearch DevRel team member, you will also participate in improving the developer experience.
Our ideal profile
You are a quick learner with a natural curiosity about technology. You have previous experience in a tech ecosystem, ideally as a former software developer.
Your fit with our team is as important to us as your background, if not more so. We are looking for someone with these important soft skills:
- Outstanding communication skills. You have fantastic interpersonal skills and are comfortable discussing with individuals and large groups.
- Empathy, judgment, and tact. You can talk with developers, understand their problems and answer accordingly.
- Strong organizational skills. You can plan, manage your time and communicate to deliver projects.
- Creative. You imagine "out-of-the-box" approaches to nurture large online communities.
- High-energy individual. You have a positive attitude.
- Tech-savvy. You thrive in a highly technical environment.
- 1-2 years of experience building community across some of the following channels: Slack, Twitter, Discord, Stack Overflow, Reddit.
- Native English speaker, or equivalent. Your writing is simple, concise and enjoyable.
- Strong social presence and experience running social media. You share posts that resonate with the audience and understand the subtleties that distinguish true personas from anonymous corporate accounts.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience managing a community and launching community initiatives.
- Previous experience in a marketing role and/or in the tech industry.
- Experience working on open source projects. You understand that collaboration is critical in the open-source ecosystem.
Why you'll enjoy working with us
Permanent full-time contract,
We strongly value the wellness of our employees and are committed to making MeiliSearch a benevolent place to work (attention to work-life balance, 3 month paid parental leave, 4 day work week),
We are open to fully remote applications, as long as at least half of your day of work is common to CET hours.