Technical Community Manager / Developer Relations at CoScreen
You are passionate about helping software developers succeed. You understand a key part of that success happens when developers can lift each other up, as part of a community. You are excited by the potential of tools like CoScreen for software developers who need to collaborate remotely.
You’ve got experience in developer communities, either actively participating in them, or better yet building them. You understand how social media works…and how to grab developers’ attention. Perhaps you’ve done some livestreaming or vlogging. You’re creative, writing well is second nature to you, and you know how to communicate with developers and earn their trust.
Maybe you’ve got some engineering experience of your own, but at the very least you’re completely at home talking shop with other developers. And you have an empathy with our developer community that allows you to represent their interests to the rest of us at CoScreen.
We’d welcome it if you’d already come with a wealth of experience but we’re also open to applications from aspiring developer relations advocates.
You don’t need to tick all of those boxes but the more the better...
- You have technical expertise — you are comfortable discussing technical topics (coding experience is *not* a requirement for this position)
- You are confident and comfortable presenting to audiences large and small
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative
- Knowledge of how to talk to developers, to earn their trust, and to represent their interests internally
- Community management experience, understanding of the dynamics of developer communities, and how to build welcoming and inclusive communities
- Experience with measuring community health and success
- Solid writing skills, creativity, and passion for storytelling
- Knowledge of social media and the attention economy, experience building social media audiences (perhaps because you have your own audience already, for example)
- Experience with livestreaming or vlogging
- Coding experience
- Program management experience
- Previous experience in developer relations or developer marketing
- Experience with communities on Discord, Dev.to, Stackoverflow, GitHub, Reddit, Hacker News, etc.
We need your help with…
- Inspiring and educating developers and agile teams about CoScreen
- Executing on a strategic plan to grow our developer & Deep Collaboration community
- Coordinating developer community efforts with the marketing team
- Lead experiments that help scale our community programs and their impact
- Running our advocate & influencer program
- Running our social media programs
- Running our podcast series
- Operating our Discord server & engaging with our community
- Operating our CRM, possibly helping develop integrations with our backend
- Seeking out developer influencers
- Seeking out opportunities to engage with our community
- Establish KPIs and track program performance goals through data measurement tools and dashboards
- Flexible work arrangements (part-time or full-time, 100% remote between the US West Coast and Central European Time to limit time-zone spread)
- Top of the line medical + dental + vision match and we cover 90% of the premiums for you and your dependents (depending on country)
- Generous holiday schedule and flexible PTO
- Competitive salaries & equity
Interested? Reach out to us! Please send us your resume and work samples that represent what you love and what you're good at (e.g. write-ups, code, videos, anything) to (CoScreen Recruiting Partner).