Snap Kit Developer Evangelist at Snap Inc
With the launch of Snap Kit, our new set of developer tools, we’re enabling developers to build incredible new product experiences that leverage some of Snapchat’s best features. To help drive awareness and adoption of Snap Kit with the developer community, we are looking for an experienced Technology Evangelist to scalably drive growth of the ecosystem by attracting and engaging developers.
As the voice and face of Snap Kit with the developer community, you’ll serve to inspire developers around the unique opportunities of Snap’s developer platforms, produce compelling educational content, lead captivating workshops/presentations and engage with developers both virtually and in-person to listen to feedback and ensure we’re providing an excellent developer experience. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with partnerships, product, marketing and engineering and be responsible for ensuring our platforms are growing and evolving to drive increasing value for our partners and the Snapchat Community. The ideal candidate understands the unique value of Snap Kit, has a strong technical background and empathy to the needs of our developer partners.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the scalable growth of the Snap Kit developer ecosystem, develop and implement strategies to grow, support and retain developers on Snap’s platforms.
- Represent Snap Kit with the developer community both virtually and in-person and serve as their advocate with internal Snap teams.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to develop externally-facing marketing content for Snap Kit.
- Develop and disseminate educational curriculum, inspirational content and collateral (tutorials, social media content, videos, email communication, sample apps, showcase integration articles, blog and forum posts, etc.)
- Develop relationships with technical/creative leaders and influencers within the developer ecosystem.
- Communicate Snap Kit best practices to raise the quality of apps created on our platforms and inspire new use cases for our tools.
- Plan, attend and speak at conferences, hackathons, events and informal meetups around the world.
- Stay in touch to developer sentiment around Snap’s developer products by moderating forums and addressing feedback.
- Improve the overall developer experience and quality of tools by connecting directly with the developer community, collecting and prioritizing feedback with Snap Product and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a relevant field of study
- 6+ years of experience growing technical communities, partnerships, business development and/or account management
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners
- Passion for the Snapchat and the latest developer technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Self starter, ability to adapt quickly and work effectively in a fast-moving environment
- Software development experience and ability to speak to technical topics with ease
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit