Senior Developer Advocate at Amazon
The Developer Advocate for Amazon Web Services will join a creative, experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for helping to drive the development and adoption of AWS services. In this role, you’ll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for AWS among key industry innovators and technologists.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software and/or infrastructure background, but has an unmet need to be on stage guiding the broader industry towards a technology you firmly believe in. You have immediate credibility with Startups, Developers, Architects, IT Managers and / or CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
· Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services.
· Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and customer opportunities.
· Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, community user groups and developer program initiatives.
· Creating and maintaining white papers, webinars, demos and videos about AWS services along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
· Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry advocacy organization
· Fluent in French and English
· 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure and/or software development
· 5+ years of experience working to develop systems and services using cloud technologies
· Experience working in a developer relations, technology evangelist or technical executive role
· Experience with software development, cloud computing services & infrastructure, application development platforms, and popular programming languages
· A history of successful speaking engagements and industry influence is preferred
· Superior oral and written communication skills in English and French
· Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
· Practical experience in cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations is a requirement.
· Past experience with Cloud platforms is preferred. Knowledge of AWS a bonus
· Strong knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies in defining industry standards
· Outstanding content creation, public speaking and presentation skills.
· Established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications is preferred.
· Extensive industry contacts in the software development field and the ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers
· Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree (or equivalent experience)