Developer Relations at Amadeus
Do you want to join us in the exciting journey to build the future of travel? At Amadeus for Developers, as part of the Developer Relations team, you'll contribute to improving the developer experience, engaging with the developer community and being the voice of our users.
You’ll lead the global Developer Relations team to drive the growth and adoption of the Amadeus for Developers platform. You’ll advocate for developers internally and influence Amadeus for Developers product strategy to provide the best developer experience.
This is a technical team leader role that will define and execute a global developer relations and API strategy to make Amadeus for Developers the leading travel connectivity platform. The role includes building and nurturing our new developers’ ecosystem, representing Amadeus at hackathons, external events worldwide, and communicating regularly with the community through different channels.
In this role, you’ll
Build and manage Developer Relations by defining a strategy and team organization for decentralized team, including recruiting new talents and fostering relationship between Developer and API Product Management team
1. Develop and execute developer content strategy and draft technical documentation
- Develop best practices, guidelines, and code samples to support development of high-quality integration
- Demonstrate how to implement specific or new solutions leveraging Amadeus technology
- Build new creative prototypes, inspire code samples; test and use the new Amadeus Self-Service APIs and suggest improvements.
- Coordinate API Developers and Product Managers to produce best-in-class and standardized API documentation
2. Serve as Amadeus for Developers ambassador both internally and externally.
- Grow and manage developer community
- Execute outreach strategy and raise awareness within internal teams and developer community
- Lead workshops, meetups, hackathons, and other events targeting developers
- Identify new opportunities and potential channels to engage with the community
- Join local developer communities and build relationships with influencers, build an external network
- Coordinate with Marketing Content Manager to manage social media channels (e.g. Twitter)
3. Support developers using Amadeus Self-Service APIs
- Be the first point of contact and escalation for developer issues and provide solutions
- Respond to questions received though online form, providing training and/or helping solve issues
- Follow up on issues posted on Stack overflow and support overall community
4. Be the voice of the developer community and promote continuous improvement
- Influence organizational culture by identifying and implementing strategies to listen and act on user feedback
- Perform benchmark analysis and research about new technologies and trends
5. Coordinate design of new APIs according to Amadeus guidelines
- Serve as member and reviewer of Amadeus API Review Board
- Ensure new designs are consistent with existing APIs, easy to use, and understand
- Advocate internally to make sure all new APIs are validated by the Amadeus Review Board
- Share best practices about API design and coach API development teams
About the ideal candidate
- Has a university degree in Computer Science, InformationTechnology or similar
- Counts with minimum 2-3 years of experience working with Director Relations, Developer Experience or - Open Source Teams
- Has development experience with any of the following programming languages: C#, Java, MySQL, ASP.net, MVC, RAZR, JSON
- Communicates and presents proficiently in English
- Possess the ability to translate research insights into strategic solutions