Developer Advocate at Strapi
We’re looking for a Developer Advocate who will focus their activities on adoption, education, enablement in collaboration with both our product and marketing teams. You’ll support our developer community through scalable tutorials, speaking engagements, & learn the working of our community programs
At Strapi, our mission is to empower millions of people to share content everywhere.
Traditional Content Management Systems have been around for years. But, today, content needs to be displayed on a ton of platforms (mobile applications, IoT, etc.). Even the way to create a website has drastically changed: developers use modern front-end frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc.).
For all of these reasons, a new kind of CMS appeared on the market to make content available on any platform (through an API): the Headless CMS.
That's why we created Strapi, the leading open-source Headless Content Management System. With 40k+ stars on GitHub, 5M+ downloads, and a worldwide community, Strapi is used by tens of thousands of companies such as IBM, Walmart, Nasa, and more.
🙏🏾 Why your role is important at Strapi
We’re looking for a Developer Advocate who will focus their activities on adoption, education, enablement in collaboration with both our product and marketing teams. You’ll support our developer community through scalable tutorials, speaking engagements, and learn the working of our community programs.
Your goal as a Developer Advocate will be to create meaningful and impactful content that helps developers achieve their goals as professionals. If you love to experiment and share knowledge, and want to expand your toolkit, this role is for you!
This role is Remote (North America or South America).
📋 What will your job look like?
- Deliver compelling presentations, host streams, community calls, technical blogs, and discussions to drive the adoption of Strapi.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist, and speaker at technology conferences, trade shows, and meetups.
- Grow a credible presence in channels meaningful to developers #BuildinPublic
- Contribute to the functioning of our community-focused programs, for example, Hackathons, User Groups, Meetups, Community, and Web events.
- Build relationships with community enthusiasts in the field to improve the experience of the open-source developer community and produce relevant one-to-many educational resources.
- You will track and improve important community engagement metrics. This might include the size of the developer community, the adoption of specific initiatives, and the general sentiment and experience of developers when using Strapi.
- Identify product gaps and opportunities to better serve our developers. Synthesize the insights into clear and concise recommendations for our product team.
💙 About you:
- Coding Boot-camp graduate, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience as a developer
- You have great written and verbal communication skills
- You are detail-oriented and have a community-first mindset
- You have a basic understanding of APIs and modern frontend technologies
- You have participated in or helped manage a developer community
- You are comfortable writing simple code samples, which leverage RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs
- You have published writing samples; such as how-to articles, documentation, videos, tutorials, etc.
➕ Bonus points for:
- A proven ability to collaborate and connect with people from diverse professional and educational backgrounds
- Experience writing code, contributing to, and understanding of the community mechanisms of open source projects
- The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers
- Experience with Strapi is a big plus
👾 Strapi benefits:
- Work from anywhere: we're a remote-first company, so we can work wherever home is. And WiFi.
- Expanded health benefits: Including premium medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Equity for everyone: we win together. On top of a competitive salary, every Strapier has equity that grows with you in the company.
- Parents on a mission: 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for every new Strapi parent.
- You'll always be up to date: we’ll cover all hardware and software needed so you’re always with the latest versions.
- Grow as you are: from day one, we provide budget and tools to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
- Bi-annual off sites: we gather physically (when possible) or virtually all together for a week twice a year.
- Mental health support: we offer unlimited Moka.care one-on-one sessions with certified specialists
💥 Our Talent Acquisition process:
This process tends to take 2-3 weeks max, but happy to adapt to your specific needs.
- First video call with the Talent Acquisition Team
- Technical assessment
- Assessment debriefing
- Team meetings (with a few Strapiers)
- Founder call
- References check
- Values assessment
- Closing interview
At any moment, the process can stop, and the team will be happy to give you a call to share their feedback or get into more details if you want.
Celebrating You being YOU!
Strapi's mission is to empower the worldwide community of users to build a million tailor-made projects. To do that, we are growing a diverse team representative of the users we serve. We are committed to building a safe workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves. By being you and bringing your unique difference, perspective, culture, experience, lifestyle, and challenge, you actually help all of us succeed and grow to be the best version of ourselves!